Europe is in turmoil. The lands are fragmented into petty fiefs, the emperor struggles with the Pope, and the Holy Father declares that all those who go to liberate the Holy Land will be freed of their sins. Now is the time for greatness. Do you have what it takes to become a Crusader King?
Paradox Interactive today announced the launch of the first developer diary for Crusader Kings II. In Crusader Kings II, players will get to control one of the great Christian Dynasties of the West, attempt to conquer all of Europe and liberate the Holy Land. Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining periods in world history and medieval Europe is brought to life in this epic title rife with rich strategic and tactical depth.
”What makes Crusader Kings unique among Paradox Interactives games is its character system and its RPG-like elements. The role of the player is clear since there is a ruler, a character, to identify with. The player is the king, and it’s good to be the king! In Crusader Kings II, we aim to really hone in on the importance of characters – their personalities, interests and interactions – and to tone down the relevance of “countries”. The sum total of the Prestige your successive rulers have gathered throughout the game determines your final score; not the size of your realm at game end. ” says Henrik Fåhraeus, Project Lead on Crusader Kings II
To read the complete developer diary, please visit:
The developer diary will be an ongoing feature published monthly on the Paradox forum.
– Start a game in 1066 and forge 400 years of European history
– Take on the role of a Christian noble and carry them through the ages from Count to Emperor via the line of succession
– Gather Prestige for every successive character you play, furthering the glory of your dynasty
– Expand your feudal domain at the expense of your rivals
– Unravel the plots of your courtiers and vassals, each armed with their own agendas
– Re-enact the Crusades, defend against the Mongol onslaught, and form feudal nation-states
– Struggle with the Pope for control of the bishops
– Relive the Middle Ages with up to 32 other players in a competitive multiplayer mode
Crusader Kings 2 is scheduled for release in Q1 2012.
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount & Blade, and Majesty 2. Paradox stands poised to make an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Brash Games.
Something went wrong.