If you’ve digitally pre-ordered on Xbox One for Fallout 4’s release on November 10th make sure you read this with all your might.
Bethesda have warned that if you’ve pre-ordered and pre-downloaded the game on or before the 27th of October and weren’t using Instant On power mode, you may have downloaded a stub file.
A stub file is just a placeholder file and needs to be deleted in order to reinstall Fallout 4.
If you pre-ordered on or after the 27th of October, you should be good to download the necessary updates when they become available.
In order to reinstall the title on Xbox One, follow these steps:
- Navigate to My Games & Apps.
- Find the title’s tile in Games.
- With the tile highlighted, press the [Menu] button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game.
- In the Manage Game screen, select the storage device the game is currently installed to.
- Select Uninstall.
- Once the game has uninstalled, return to My Games & Apps.
- Scroll right to the “Ready to Install” section under Games.
- Highlight the title’s tile.
- Press [A] to select.
- Choose Install.
Thanks for the heads up Bethesda.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Brash Games.
Something went wrong.