It’s official, you can now play PS2 games on your PS4. For many the PlayStation 2 holds a special place in their hearts and I have fond memories of playing some of the biggest game franchises in the world like Dark Cloud, Twisted Metal Black and Grand Theft Auto to name a few. The PS2 remains the best-selling console of all time and it’s great that we will finally be able to play a range of PS2 games in up-rendered in 1080p and with features such as Trophy support, Remote Play, Activity Feeds, Live Broadcast and Share Play plus second screen support for game manuals with PlayStation Vita or the PlayStation App. Because these titles have been converted from the original PlayStation 2 versions to the Playstation 4, they do not support PlayStation 2 peripherals.
At the moment, there are eight fan favourites from SCEE and Rockstar Games with other publishers lagging behind, so expect more PS2 games to be up-rendered to 1080p and re-released in the coming months.
- Dark Cloud (SCE Worldwide Studios) – £11.99
- Grand Theft Auto 3 (Rockstar Games) – £11.99
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar Games) – £11.99
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Rockstar Games) – £11.99
- Rogue Galaxy (SCE Worldwide Studios) – £11.99
- The Mark of Kri (SCE Worldwide Studios) – £11.99
- War of the Monsters (SCE Worldwide Studios) – £7.99
- Twisted Metal: Black (SCE Worldwide Studios) – £7.99
What PS2 games do you want to play on your PS4?
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Brash Games.
Something went wrong.