Salary Man Escape is an edgy, satirical VR physics puzzle game where the player must use skill and tact to help a disgruntled Salaryman escape his life.
Through clever interaction and manipulation of blocks and platforms, players must reorganize an edifice of bricks in order to create a route for the Salaryman to reach the exit.
Salary Man Escape will be released for PlayStation VR on 23rd May, 2018, and will be available in the following 11 languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Chinese (Simple & Traditional), Korean and Japanese.
Unique VR perspective
- With the freedom of movement offered by PS VR, players can enjoy a 360 degrees perspective on the puzzles
- Solving puzzles in Salary Man Escape is all about leveraging physics properties like weight, balance and force, making each play-through unique
Six chapters, 78 levels
- Over 8 hours of gameplay with 6 chapters and 78 levels
- Each chapter adds a new puzzle mechanic into the mix, making progression increasingly complex and challenging.
Unique art style and soundtrack
- The game features a minimalistic, monochromatic visual style, contrasted with a cheerful, classic Japanese 80’s inspired soundtrack.
Inspirations & beginnings
We started out with the idea of grabbing things in VR, with special attention paid towards the depth and volume of the 3D space. With this as a basis, our Lead Designer Michael Michael (aka MM) worked on a prototype puzzle game, which we were instantly attached to.
With the theme and graphics, we tried many different concepts that matched the gameplay. Some concepts were having a tiny robot escape a mechanical city, a little spider escaping a furious human, and 80’s electronics gadgets running away from being “retired”.
There was something to love from all these concepts, but ultimately none stood out enough. Then one day, the Lead Artist Yu Jian Wei casually compared the difficulty of the game to the daily grind of a Salary Man, and that image of a suffering worker just stuck with us. We created some early concepts, and the rest was history.
The post Satirical physics-based PS VR puzzler Salary Man Escape arrives on 23rd May appeared first on PlayStation.Blog.Europe.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Brash Games.
Something went wrong.