Different ways to make money on E-Sports | BrashGaming

Esports betting is the new way of making money on gaming

These days it’s almost possible to make money out of anything and the only obstacles in our way are the ones that we create ourselves. It doesn’t matter who you are and it definitely doesn’t matter if you’re a hardcore video game nerd -that actually make things easier.

People have found ways of making money on video games for quite a long time and we’re not talking about actually developing the games and selling them, but we’re talking about the competitive video game industry that has been spreading like a wildfire since the late 90’s. We’re talking about eSports.

In the beginning it was just a handful of skilled Koreans who managed to make a profit from playing Starcraft on a professional level and by being 15 people sharing a one bedroom apartment and only living on rice that may not be much of an accomplishment. Nowadays we do however have people from all over the world competing in a wide variety of games with massive prize pools of hundreds and even millions of dollars making the players incredibly wealthy. These games include:

First Person Shooters(CS:GO, Quake, Overwatch, Fortnie, PUBG)
Real Time Strategy(Hearthstone, Starcraft II)
MOBA (Dota 2, League of Legends)
Racing(Rocket League)
Fighting(Street Fighter V)
Sport(FIFA 18)

So you’re saying you can make a lot of money by being tremendously good at a game? That’s not news… You can make a profit by being a twitch or youtube streamer as well, but that’s a lot of work.

We are indeed saying this and you’re definitely right about the streaming part too. However, forget about the hustle for a while, because we’re about to introduce you to a world where you actually don’t have to be a skilled gamer to make money or being an entertainer. All that you require is a passion for a game and an interest in its competitive scene.

We’re talking about eSports betting. This is a new kid on the block, but even though betting on games has only been around for a while, it’s already a huge hit among those who know about it. Really, it’s no wonder. It’s the perfect way for the geekiest nerd to capitalize on their obscure knowledge about competitive games, teams and players.

Our favorite eSports betting site is currently Arcanebet as they provide a huge amount of odds and betting options on games, have a kick ass welcome bonus to new members and provide a smooth experience all the way through.

Everyone does however have different opinions about everything and that’s really no problem as there are a plethora of eSport betting sites to choose from. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses that make them unique in their own wonderful way. All you have to do is to choose one that suits you the best and you’re already on the path of making a profit from competitive video gaming.

You may wonder how the betting works and how to make an income from it. Well, it’s not exactly rocket science. The operators of the betting platforms estimate a competing team’s chance of winning based on the knowledge they possess and then they transform this probability into odds.

If the Danish CS:GO team Astralis for instance is facing the Swedish team Fnatic, the operator may give Astralis an 80% likelihood of winning the match and Fnatic a 20% chance. This probability is then turned into decimal odds, which in this case leads to Astralis getting an odd of 1.25 and Fnatic an odd of 5.00.

Haven’t heard about odds before? Well, if you bet $100 on Astralis and they end up winning, you’ll get $125 back (100 * 1.25) and if you bet $100 on Fnatic and they end up winning, you’ll get $500 back (100 * 5.00). It’s as easy as that.

So what does this all mean? It means that your betting success is solely dependent on you having a better knowledge than the operator and making the right decisions. If you got a good feeling about Astralis true winning probability being 90% and you’re right,this means that the operator made a mistake and by placing this bet you can be sure to make money in the long run.

Anything can of course happen in a single match and in this case Fnatic may find unholy strength and end up winning, but it doesn’t really matter. As long as you keep making better predictions than the betting site and take advantage of their errors, nothing will stop you from building a castle made of hundred dollar bills. Well, not literally speaking as this would actually make you a multi billionaire, but you get the point.

Subscribe to our mailing list

Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox

error: Content protected by DMCA.