Hey guys! It’s Shabs here, Game Director from First Contact Entertainment – developer behind Firewall Zero Hour*, the team-based tactical multiplayer shooter, exclusive to PS VR.
In case you’re new to the game, Firewall Zero Hour takes place in a world where information is power and the leak of sensitive data can be used to influence world leaders, topple governments, and destabilize entire nations.
Players use teamwork, strategy and an arsenal of equipment to either acquire or protect a cache of sensitive data. Whether playing on the attacking team or defending team, communication with your teammates is key to survival.
Since Firewall Zero Hour’s launch in August 2018, the team here at First Contact Entertainment has been working hard, continuously adding new content to the game. We’ve taken heed of our very active community and updated the game in a variety of ways.
From in-game improvements (like weapon tuning, equipment balancing, level-matchmaking, and overall performance) to content drops (4 DLC drops since launch featuring new customisations / cosmetics, Contractors / Skills, Maps, Weapons), Firewall Zero Hour has seen many updates and improvements, largely shaped by community feedback!
Today, we are excited to announce our biggest update to the game yet — Operation: Nightfall – coming 21st May!
With Operation: Nightfall, we’re bringing a whole new face to Firewall Zero Hour as you know it. One of the most significant changes is introducing a whole new system of time-limited progression taking the form of Missions, Tasks, and cosmetic Rewards.
New seasonal progression system of missions, tasks, and rewards
With the Operation: Nightfall drop, we’ve changed our previous challenges system to take on a more meaningful approach and reward players with new cosmetics. Each week your Contract Handler will assign a new Mission to complete, yielding new rewards. You will notice new optional daily Tasks presented to you as well, which reward you with XP and Crypto. Check back daily for new Tasks!
Every week there will be one Mission is available for free for all players. With an Op-Pass, players can unlock additional Premium and Bonus missions and earn Seasonal cosmetic rewards, which unlock immediately upon completion of these Missions.
Check out the infographic below to see a list of what’s available this season:
We’ve also introduced a Legendary Weapon Skin, Okoro’s Volkov, available to Op-Pass holders who complete all 24 missions, for 250,000 Crypto.
New maps and Contractors
Operation: Nightfall kicks off with the brand new map, Hangar, and a new Contractor, Ruby, who brings the Skill of “Thief” (ability to steal Crypto from enemy corpse).
The map of Hangar takes place around a large military transport aircraft in a hangar in the heart of Malaysia, and is available to all players. Ruby, the Contractor, is accessible via the Op-Pass. Her Skill of “Thief” is available as a timed-exclusive to Op-Pass holders (after season wraps, the Skill becomes available to all players at Level 12 and with 12,000 Crypto).
Later on, players will see Operation: Nightfall’s mid-season update, which will introduce another new map (F.O.B.) and new Contractor (Lynx) for the season.
Also launching on day one of Operation: Nightfall are three new weapons (the Richardson SG12, Sarge, and Raptor), which become available upon completion of their corresponding weekly missions.
New UI and QOL updates
Players will immediately notice a completely revamped UI in the game. This will make the new Missions, Tasks, and Rewards system very clear to players. Players will also notice various changes in the lobby that improve overall performance and stability.
Other quality-of-life updates include: Squad optimisations, ability to customise Contractors in lobby, map and laptop location refresh in Bunker and Compound, as well as updates to enemy indicators and headshot SFX.
When playing Multiplayer PvE Training mode, players will witness new AI behaviour that changes the traditional PvE gameplay experience. The new AI behaviours are meant to mimic human-like player tactics, with characteristics like breaching doors, hunting players down, and using equipment intuitively.
New ways to access more content
Beginning 21st May, we are excited to offer players several new ways to enjoy the game, depending on your play style. The Op-Pass and Hack Keys are explained below:
- Operation: Nightfall update: Free update for all owners of Firewall Zero Hour-featuring new in-game UI, new Maps, and more. This update is viewable as soon as players load up Firewall Zero Hour.
- Nightfall Op-Pass†: Obtain the Access for Firewall Zero Hour’s Operation: Nightfall. The Op-Pass allows access to all Operation: Nightfall Missions, Tasks, and Rewards.
- Hack Key x5 Pack**: Each Hack Key will instantly complete one Operational Mission. You will not gain any XP for Missions completed this way, but you will be instantly awarded full Crypto, in addition to the Mission Reward (cosmetics only). Hack Keys are a great option for players who don’t have as much time to play as they would like.
- Nightfall Op-Pass + 25 Hack Keys Bundle**: Includes access to Operation: Nightfall, in addition to 25 hack keys to be used on any Operational Mission. You will not gain any XP for Missions Completed this way, but you will instantly be awarded full Crypto, in addition to the Mission Reward (cosmetics only). Another great option for players who don’t have as much time to play as they would like.
Leading up to 21st May, you’ll notice changes starting today on PS Store for Firewall Zero Hour.
Previous cosmetic items released on the store since launch will now be reformatted into 7 special content bundles. If you haven’t yet, be sure to grab these bundles as they will only be available for one week! After 21st May, cosmetic items will be available in-game as rewards for completed missions:
- Year One Skin Bundle: Customise your Contractors and Weapons with this collection of 6 original Skins.
- Year One Super Skin Bundle: Customise your Contractors and Weapons with this collection of 10 original Skins.
- Year One Mega Bundle: Go all out with customisations for your Contractors and Weapons! This Mega Bundle includes 10 original Skins plus all Trinkets and Patches released to date.
- Year One Trinket Bundle: Customise your Weapons with this collection of all Trinkets released to date.
- Year One Patch Bundle: Personalise your Contractors with this collection of all Patches released to date.
- Year One Contractor Bundle: Get the 3 newest Contractors in one bundle. This 3 Contractor Bundle contains Nash, Jag, and Node.
- Year One Face Paint Bundle: Show them your game face with this collection of 8 original Face Paints.
With Firewall Zero Hour – Operation: Nightfall, we’re thrilled to be rolling out a new format for the game, and establishing a cadence for seasonal content updates going forward.
We’re looking forward to community feedback on this new update, so be sure to join our PSN community, Facebook group, Twitter, Discord, and YouTube channel to leave your feedback.
See you online, Contractors!
*An internet connection is required for all modes of Firewall Zero Hour, including Single Player Training Mode. An active PS Plus membership is required for Multiplayer Training and Multiplayer Contract modes.
† Op Pass requires Firewall Zero Hour in order play and unlock content.
**Available for purchase in the PS Store. Hack Keys alone can be used to hack free missions, and when used in conjunction with the Op-Pass, Hack Keys can hack any type of mission including Premium and Bonus missions.
The post Firewall Zero Hour announces Operation: Nightfall update, out 21st May appeared first on PlayStation.Blog.Europe.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Brash Games.
Something went wrong.