October was the month for returning franchise heavyweights on PS4, as Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed and Red Dead Redemption all launched sequels on PS4.
Black Ops 4 claimed the top spot ahead of Rockstar’s western epic Red Dead Redemption 2 and Ubisoft’s open-world adventure Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
It’s worth noting that this is the first year since the original Call of Duty in 2003 that a main game in the franchise hasn’t released in November on PlayStation. For comparison, the Assassin’s Creed series has jumped between October and November slots across the 11 entries in the mainline series since it debuted in 2007.
On PS VR, platformer Astro Bot Rescue Mission secured the number one position, while Fortnite continues its grip on the DLC charts. See the full list below!
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- FIFA 19
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- Battlefield 1
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Marvel’s Spider-Man
- God of War
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Need for Speed Payback
- EA SPORTS UFC 3
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- Detroit: Become Human
- Gang Beasts
- Need for Speed
- Battlefield 4
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
- Mortal Kombat XL
- ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission
- Creed: Rise to Glory
- Batman: Arkham VR
- Arizona Sunshine
- Job Simulator
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
- DOOM VFR
- Firewall Zero Hour
- Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul
- Fortnite Battle Royale – The Ace Pack
- Fortnite – Standard Founder’s Pack
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City that Never Sleeps
- Destiny 2: Forsaken
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – Black Ops Pass
- Fortnite – Deluxe Founder’s Pack
- Destiny 2 – Expansion Pass
- Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Season pass
The post Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 were the best-selling games on PlayStation Store in October appeared first on PlayStation.Blog.Europe.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Brash Games.
Something went wrong.